Breakups hurt everyone alike. Either a commoner or a celebrity – all of us know it’s very painful and emotionally-exhausting. So, if you are wallowing in the pain of breakups don’t worry. Time to time our Bollywood divas, who had gone through the same feelings, have spilled the beans on dealing with the breakup blues. Here we go:
(1) Chill with friends and family: All a broken heart needs is unconditional love and warmth. Only your family and friends can give you this and make you realise that you are not alone in this nasty world. The Dear Zindagi actress Alia Bhatt felt the same when she had to deal with breakup when she was only 16-year-old. Finding no other option way back then she said, “I used to be with friends trying to distract (from breakup).”
(2) Go for a holiday: Unable to cope up with breakup, many of us tend to go on heartbreak hibernation. But our Tinsel Town beauties are not the one to be on the shelf. Despite going through “nervous breakdown” post breakup with Uday Chopra, Nargis Fakhri kept herself active by holidaying and posting fun-filled photographs and inspirational quotes in social media sites. The way the Banjo actress dealt with heartbreak proved that she is a brave woman and likes to take it slow and easy.
(3) Channel your angst into abs: Feeling angry and frustrated during this phase of life is natural. But the Ae Dil Hai Mushkil star Anushka Sharma, who has been in on and off relationship with cricketer Virat Kohli, channelized her negative energy through rigorous training sessions during that phase. The NH10 actress is not the only one to follow this way when Katrina Kaif too advised, “Go to the gym and do some crunches. That’s how you deal with it (breakups).” Their way of dealing with heartbreaks made them look more beautiful and enthral their fans. So what are you waiting for? It will surely get you a better look to loving yourself and boosting your self esteem.
(4) Eat ice-cream and do not cry: Sometimes, to binge on good food is a unique idea to distract from the breakup blues. Well, this was the way the Chikni Chameli of Bollywood Katrina Kaif treaded after her breakup with Ranbir Kapoor. She advised that the way it should go is, getting drunk, going home, eating an ice-cream and lying on the pillow. Not crying on the pillow. So getting drunk, eating the ice cream, smiling and sleeping on the pillow is the new funda to get over horrible breakup.
(5) Believe in old cliché of love: The Student Of The Year actress Alia Bhatt believes, “If something has ended, it is obviously for a reason and if it was not supposed to end then it will come back together… if that person is meant for you he/she will come back to you.” Yeah, this old cliché can help if you are ready to follow it.
(6) Think about the positive side of the broken relationship too: Even broken relationships make a person better. That’s what Deepika Padukone felt after her breakup with Ranbir Kapoor. The Bajirao Mastaani star said, “It made me realise I should not be so attached to one thing or a person… I cried a lot after my break-up. But I have become a better person and I thank him for that.” This really holds true for the actress as she gave few hits with her ex Ranbir like Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani and Tamasha. Well, in your case you can become a good writer or poet or musician if you translate your thoughts into words.
(7) Accept situations, forgive and never questions or hold on to grudges: After splits most of the people tend to relive the bad phase by recalling or questioning what went wrong. In this regard the XXX: Return Of Xander Cage actress Deepika said, “…be able to accept situations for what they are instead of questioning them, help immensely. The day you start questioning, you are going to be unhappy. Sometimes you have to accept things for what they are and have the ability and the strength to forgive. And when I say forgive it’s not about wrongdoing… You just have to forgive certain situations and moments in your life to be able to move on, if you genuinely want to be happy. I am someone who can’t hold on to negativity or hold on to grudges…”
(8) Start with little things: Yes, big things happen after we start from little things. It can be anything as the Quantico star Priyanka Chopra said, “You start with the little things. I need sleep, I need a good book. I need to be with friends.” If someone really need to come out of bad heartbreaks she further suggested, “You have to start thinking about yourself.”
(9) Breakups are liberating: Sometimes people are scared of coming out of messy relationships as it would lead to loneliness. But thinking other way may prove really helpful as the Prem Ratan Dhan Payo actress Sonam Kapoor said, “Break-ups are so liberating… The first one was easy. We were young, stupid and immature… Basically, what I am saying is that if you’re in a really messy relationship, break the f**k up.” Surely, one should give a way for better life by discarding the bad part.
While there’s no magic formula to overcome the pain, beat the breakup blues the Bollywood style and sing Just Go To Hell Dil…